Thursday, August 6, 2015

First Time at the Mother Ship




I got to go to the Music Together headquarters for the first time today.  That was exciting!  Purple Ukulele didn't fail me.  We did good on the Hello Song.  There are 12 people in the class.  We had the opportunity to lead a favorite song for the group, learn more about modes and modal tonal patterns and asymmetric meters and rhythm patterns. 



Purple Ukulele on the way to Music Together

For lunch we all went to the Brothers Moon restaurant.  The food was wonderful.  I didn't take purple ukulele with me to eat, but someone had a purple jug so I took a pic with that instead.
http://www.brothersmoon.com/

Beside the restaurant we at supper at was a little music shop.  Purple Ukulele found a friend!  (just to take a selfie with, I didn't buy the friend)

I talked to the guy working at the shop for a minute and he was excited to hear that Music Together teachers were eating next door.  His mom is one of the local Music Together teachers!
 

What a crazy little musical world it is!

We had a fantastic supper at Villa Francesco's.  It was funny to listen to the waiter, who I think must speak Spanish as a first language, tell us the Italian specials in English.

There are a lot of fun people at the workshop!  I know I have the right profession when being barefoot isn't just normal, it's expected!



No comments:

Post a Comment