Friday, August 7, 2015

Purple Ukulele Meets More New Friends

Today's tasks didn't really include me needing to play Purple Ukulele, but I decided to take it along to the workshop anyway.  I'm so glad I did!  Remember yesterday when Purple Ukulele met Orange Ukulele and the person working at Orange Ukuleles shop was the son a local Music Together teacher?

Here are some pics to help refresh your memory.
 





Today there were Music Together classes going on at Music Together and his mom was teaching them so I got to meet her too!

 





What an amazing small world it is.  Ellen said she was subbing and doesn't typically teach family classes on Fridays.

We went to a tasty place to eat lunch called Brick Farm Market.  http://www.brickfarmmarket.com/
I just asked the guy at the counter what was good and ate that.  It was an awesome sandwich with a side of fresh made chips.  I recommend checking it out if you are ever in Hopewell, NJ.


 Purple Ukulele get a cute shopping basket to ride in!

Such good food!

Purple Ukulele feels at home with the Carolina BBQ sauce.


We did large movement activities and looked at more research pertaining to early childhood music today.  I have a ton of great new dance songs and ideas to share in my classes now!

The shuttle from the hotel was suppose to bring us back to the hotel, but it broke down at Music Together.  Luckily one of the ladies had a van big enough to fit us all in, and the shuttle driver.  We serenaded him with Music Together songs all the way back to the hotel!  He was a good sport.  I learned some more songs I can play on the ukulele because the other teachers were throwing out chords for me to play and telling me how to play them!
  


My other favorite pics from the day.
Purple Ukulele finds gold (filled with chocolate, the best kind)!

I'm surrounded with other people from across the country who live in the same "world" I do.  It was so much fun to dance with them today!  I have a great job!




No comments:

Post a Comment